Demand Signal Repository
SKUtrak stores all of your retail customer trading data in an optimised Demand Signal Repository - a rich, robust, consistent source of information for your reporting, analysis and data science processes.
Organise your retailer data with SKUtrak
The modern FMCG runs on SKUtrak. Use SKUtrak to organise and curate a consistent dataset across your retail customers.
SKUtrak organises data collected from your grocery customers in a consistent, complete and curated manner. All data, from all customers, is organised in a single universal data model so that you can operate standard processes, review standard reports and perform standard analysis as if all your customers supplied the same data, in the same way, using the same terminology and references.
The SKUtrak Demand Signal Repository ("DSR") organises Flow-of-Goods trading data into a single grocery data model which:
- Translates between different retail customer terminology, timing and technology; reducing the need to understand the idiosyncrasies of different retailer systems and enabling consistent reporting, analytics and insight
- Links different supply chain signals - stock movements, inventory positions, till sales - so that you can move away from point-in-time data islands to rich, related flows where activity at any point in time can be understood in the context of how it arose and its subsequent impact
- Represents and links all forms of product information; consumer units, traded units and shipping units so that you can switch between case and unit pictures of trading performance
The universal SKUtrak data model ensures that you and your team speak the same language across all major grocery customers; consistency of measures and metrics increases your ability to manage in a repeatable manner.
SKUtrak also provides Master Data Management ("MDM") to connect and translate retailer product information with your own picture of products. Using a proprietary AI, SKUtrak matches your product definitions with those found in grocery customer data and retains both in the DSR; this allows you to review performance in your terms, across multiple retailer customers, or in customer terms during meetings with them.
The SKUtrak MDM manages these different product definitions through a simple self-service flow:
- You upload or create your own product reference data - codes, descriptions, categories, sizes - any information that you want to hold about your products
- SKUtrak identifies all product references (code, description, category, pack size etc.) in grocery customer data as it is stored in the DSR, linking all facts - sales, stock levels, availability etc. - to both the retailer's product definition and yours
- SKUtrak MDM AI detects any unmatched retailer product definitions (new product codes) and automatically identifies the most likely matches from your product reference data
- You review suggested matches and approve, or amend, so that every fact within SKUtrak is linked to one of your product definitions; enabling analysis from your (market-wide) perspective or that of any one of your customers
The insights we provide allow retailers to make changes really quickly - which benefits both sides. As a result, we are working more collaboratively with our retailers and have seen an increase in orders, and on one particular product a treble digit increase in distribution.
Watch the video:
SKUtrak Business Benefits
In a competitive environment, it has never been more important to make sure you get the right product, at the right place, at the right time.
Watch this video that talks about the benefits SKUtrak delivers to your business.
Exposing and humanising data
Tim Mason, CEO of Eagle Eye explains why exposing and sharing data enables a common language and conversaiton.
Key Measurement Metrics for Retail Supplier Success
Read our blog about what the basic metrics for supplier success is, and why we believe they need to be monitored daily.
What is mean by the Flow-of-Goods?
Ian Hall, our COO explains what we mean by Flow-of-Goods and how you can achieve full visibility of your supply chain data.